Knowing what you like is one thing. Knowing how to get it is another thing altogether.
When looking for kitchen design ideas, it helps to have access to Pinterest. It is an easy application to use and allows you to create your own mood boards and collect images for ideas. This can also be shared with your kitchen designer to assist them when it comes time to quote. There are a huge variety of kitchen styles and kitchen designs. Our in-house design team is always building kitchen inspiration boards. If you are short of time, simply click to see ours!
Kitchens trends come and go. The most important thing for you to remember is to choose a style that complements the overall theme and design of your home and takes full advantage of the space you are working with.
Total Kitchens has installed countless kitchens over the years, with the most commonly requested style being a white kitchen. Modern white kitchens do not date as easily as other styles but may not always suit your home. Ensure that your chosen kitchen style matches your environment and the needs of your family.
Do you have your heart set on a galley-style kitchen and have a very art deco house? Ask your designer to blend these two components to ensure you have a kitchen with a comfortable flow and will still sit within your existing house and design aesthetics. If you are stuck for kitchen inspiration ideas, please book an appointment with our design team on site today. We are happy to walk you through the various options available.
Top tips for inspiring kitchens designs:
- Utilise unused space with corner cabinetry, clever double layer draws and kickboard draws
- Open up the space with fresh white paint
- If you spend a lot of time cooking, make sure you choose a great exhaust fan
- Take an element you love from another part of your house and bring it into your kitchen, such as black framing, copper hardware or large pieces of wood
- Be inspired by your location. Do you live by the seaside? Rather than a white modern kitchen have you considered coastal style?
- Remember maintenance. Marble will stain and needs to be resealed; wood may require oiling and laminate needs a good wipe down.
- To maintain your kitchen, consider how much cleaning is involved and how careful you are of your surroundings.
The latest in kitchens designs can be viewed in our case studies or in our Pinterest boards below.
Call us on (02) 9737 9033